SOMers - Stratomatic Baseball

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: The Classic TV Zone
«First  <  1 2 3 4 57  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by


VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16191
Date: Feb 12, 2014
RE: The Classic TV Zone
Permalink  
 


NatsFan wrote:
seajaw wrote:

I have to admit to not recalling that one.  There are two that stuck with me over time:


 I found it on YouTube. Basically it's about an ex-ball player that has a crippling leg injury and is trying to adjust to life after baseball. One day a friend of his, a little league pitcher he mentors, gives him an old baseball card from 1910. I won't give away anymore other than the card turns into a portal that allows him to leave his everyday life for a while and play ball in 1910 injury free.

 

TZ80302.jpg


I just watched it.  Not bad.

One little faux pas by the producers: The lights are on at the end.  Baseball at night...in 1910?

Only in the Twilight Zone. wink



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16191
Date: Feb 22, 2014
Permalink  
 

stargell8 wrote:
seajaw wrote:

I found a great treat, to help get you ready for Saturday night!

The segment (aired last year) in which Svengoolie debuted the new coffin:



(Some of the older shows are still mixed in, as reruns, so you won't see the new coffin every week)


 that was great , thanks !

I'm stunned he's still around , I lost track of him after high school and hadn't seen him for 25+ years. I see he's still using the rubber chickens and doing the Berwyn gag.  as crazy as it might seem, I am looking forward to his show Saturday.... Bring on the She-Wolf !!


Well...did you enjoy it?

Tonight's he got House of Dracula, with horror legend John Carradine as the gauntest Count you'll ever see.  Glenn Strange plays the Frankenstein monster.



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



Third Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 5563
Date: Feb 22, 2014
Permalink  
 

seajaw wrote:
stargell8 wrote:
seajaw wrote:

I found a great treat, to help get you ready for Saturday night!

The segment (aired last year) in which Svengoolie debuted the new coffin:



(Some of the older shows are still mixed in, as reruns, so you won't see the new coffin every week)


 that was great , thanks !

I'm stunned he's still around , I lost track of him after high school and hadn't seen him for 25+ years. I see he's still using the rubber chickens and doing the Berwyn gag.  as crazy as it might seem, I am looking forward to his show Saturday.... Bring on the She-Wolf !!


Well...did you enjoy it?

Tonight's he got House of Dracula, with horror legend John Carradine as the gauntest Count you'll ever see.  Glenn Strange plays the Frankenstein monster.


 Oh yeah , it was great . Just like I remembered him , he really hasn't changed at all --unlike most of us after 30 years . Although I have House of Dracula on DVD , I am recording it to see what Svengoolie is up to this week . I checked the TV guide for next week and it looks like Batman with Adam West is the movie , I sure hope that's a mistake in the listings



__________________

Go Bucs !!!

No-hitters- Ray Culp , Freddy Garcia , Phil Ortega , Scott Kazmir , Needle Nose Wright , A.J. Griffin , Carlos Torres , Stan Bahnsen , Mario Soto

Perfect games - Jamie Moyer , J. R. Richard , Sandy Koufax



VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16191
Date: Feb 23, 2014
Permalink  
 

stargell8 wrote:
seajaw wrote:
stargell8 wrote:
seajaw wrote:

I found a great treat, to help get you ready for Saturday night!

The segment (aired last year) in which Svengoolie debuted the new coffin:



(Some of the older shows are still mixed in, as reruns, so you won't see the new coffin every week)


 that was great , thanks !

I'm stunned he's still around , I lost track of him after high school and hadn't seen him for 25+ years. I see he's still using the rubber chickens and doing the Berwyn gag.  as crazy as it might seem, I am looking forward to his show Saturday.... Bring on the She-Wolf !!


Well...did you enjoy it?

Tonight's he got House of Dracula, with horror legend John Carradine as the gauntest Count you'll ever see.  Glenn Strange plays the Frankenstein monster.


 Oh yeah , it was great . Just like I remembered him , he really hasn't changed at all --unlike most of us after 30 years . Although I have House of Dracula on DVD , I am recording it to see what Svengoolie is up to this week . I checked the TV guide for next week and it looks like Batman with Adam West is the movie , I sure hope that's a mistake in the listings


Nope.  Not a mistake.  C'mon, it's good hokey fun. biggrin



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



Third Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 5563
Date: Feb 23, 2014
Permalink  
 

Don't get me wrong , I loved that Batman series and still will catch an episode here and there but Sven (IMO) needs to stick to the Sci-fi/horror stuff

__________________

Go Bucs !!!

No-hitters- Ray Culp , Freddy Garcia , Phil Ortega , Scott Kazmir , Needle Nose Wright , A.J. Griffin , Carlos Torres , Stan Bahnsen , Mario Soto

Perfect games - Jamie Moyer , J. R. Richard , Sandy Koufax



VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16191
Date: Mar 30, 2014
Permalink  
 

If you haven't been following Svengoolie recently, he's back into the classis Universal horror selections.

Last week, he showed Murders in the Rue Morgue, with Bele Lugosi.  Tonight, he had The Invisible man, starring Claude Rains.

Next week, it's another biggie: Bride of Frankenstein, with Boris Karloff.



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



Third Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 5563
Date: Mar 30, 2014
Permalink  
 

I've been taping them. Its a staple of my Sunday mornings . Great stuff , I've got all the Dracula , Mummy and Frankenstein ones in DVD . So the invisible man was a treat , so will the Creature from the Black Lagoon when he gets to that

__________________

Go Bucs !!!

No-hitters- Ray Culp , Freddy Garcia , Phil Ortega , Scott Kazmir , Needle Nose Wright , A.J. Griffin , Carlos Torres , Stan Bahnsen , Mario Soto

Perfect games - Jamie Moyer , J. R. Richard , Sandy Koufax



VIP Season Ticket Holder

Status: Offline
Posts: 300
Date: Mar 30, 2014
Permalink  
 

Abbott & Costello show and movies were often on Channel 11 WPIX here in New York, the show during afterschool weekday hours and the movies most often on weekends!
The show always provided a laugh with the talents of A&C incorporating jokes and bits they had used from years past while on stage!
Who knew? We were kids and knew them only as T.V. guys!!
I did plenty of homework and then turned on the T.V. to see the show always before dinner!! Remember:
Mr Fields the gruff, baldheaded landlord!
Mike The Cop!!, Hillary - the apple of Lou's eye, Stinky in his suit, hat and shorts!! Mr. Bacciagalupe ALWAYS roughing up poor Lou!!
What a riot!! All good old fashioned fun!!
The movies A&C MEET FRANKENSTEIN, A&C MEET THE MUMMY, A&C MEET DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE, A&C MEET THE INVISIBLE MAN --------------CLASSICS!!!!!!!!!!
This is one great thread!!!!! Brings back soooooooooooooo mannnnnnnnnnnnny superior memories!!!!
ENJOY, RICH D
:)


__________________

Always ready to roll a few games! Get your cards ready, pick a team, we can play "face to face" on the Strat.net Forum site using it's dice roller while voice chatting using Skype, Aol Chat or Yahoo Chat!  :)

 



VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16191
Date: Mar 30, 2014
Permalink  
 

RICH D wrote:

Abbott & Costello show and movies were often on Channel 11 WPIX here in New York, the show during afterschool weekday hours and the movies most often on weekends!
The show always provided a laugh with the talents of A&C incorporating jokes and bits they had used from years past while on stage!
Who knew? We were kids and knew them only as T.V. guys!!
I did plenty of homework and then turned on the T.V. to see the show always before dinner!! Remember:
Mr Fields the gruff, baldheaded landlord!
Mike The Cop!!, Hillary - the apple of Lou's eye, Stinky in his suit, hat and shorts!! Mr. Bacciagalupe ALWAYS roughing up poor Lou!!
What a riot!! All good old fashioned fun!!
The movies A&C MEET FRANKENSTEIN, A&C MEET THE MUMMY, A&C MEET DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE, A&C MEET THE INVISIBLE MAN --------------CLASSICS!!!!!!!!!!
This is one great thread!!!!! Brings back soooooooooooooo mannnnnnnnnnnnny superior memories!!!!
ENJOY, RICH D
:)


Sven's had all those classic Bud & Lou monster mashes in the last year, and they'll probably be back.

Saturday nights on Me-TV, right after the digitally-upgraded classic Star Trek episodes, and just before Lost In Space and Get Smart.



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16191
Date: Mar 30, 2014
Permalink  
 

stargell8 wrote:

I've been taping them. Its a staple of my Sunday mornings . Great stuff , I've got all the Dracula , Mummy and Frankenstein ones in DVD . So the invisible man was a treat , so will the Creature from the Black Lagoon when he gets to that


At one time or another during the past year, Sven's had the entire catalogue of original Universal Frankenstein, Dracula, Mummy and Creature movies, plus some of the Hammer versions for which that Universal handled the U.S. releases. 



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



Third Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 5563
Date: Mar 31, 2014
Permalink  
 

seajaw wrote:
stargell8 wrote:

I've been taping them. Its a staple of my Sunday mornings . Great stuff , I've got all the Dracula , Mummy and Frankenstein ones in DVD . So the invisible man was a treat , so will the Creature from the Black Lagoon when he gets to that


At one time or another during the past year, Sven's had the entire catalogue of original Universal Frankenstein, Dracula, Mummy and Creature movies, plus some of the Hammer versions for which that Universal handled the U.S. releases. 


 He used to show all the Giant Monster movies too . With the new Godzilla movie coming out later this year , I suspect he'll revisit some of those



__________________

Go Bucs !!!

No-hitters- Ray Culp , Freddy Garcia , Phil Ortega , Scott Kazmir , Needle Nose Wright , A.J. Griffin , Carlos Torres , Stan Bahnsen , Mario Soto

Perfect games - Jamie Moyer , J. R. Richard , Sandy Koufax



VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16191
Date: Mar 31, 2014
Permalink  
 

stargell8 wrote:
seajaw wrote:
stargell8 wrote:

I've been taping them. Its a staple of my Sunday mornings . Great stuff , I've got all the Dracula , Mummy and Frankenstein ones in DVD . So the invisible man was a treat , so will the Creature from the Black Lagoon when he gets to that


At one time or another during the past year, Sven's had the entire catalogue of original Universal Frankenstein, Dracula, Mummy and Creature movies, plus some of the Hammer versions for which that Universal handled the U.S. releases. 


 He used to show all the Giant Monster movies too . With the new Godzilla movie coming out later this year , I suspect he'll revisit some of those


He's had a couple of the Godzilla flicks, and King Kong Escapes, which were released by Universal in the U.S.

Also some '50's "B" classics, like Tarantula, The Deadly Mantis, and Monster on the Campus.  He also had a neat little flick that's one of my "guilty pleasure" faves, The Monolith Monsters.



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



Luxury Box Season Ticket Holder

Status: Offline
Posts: 735
Date: Mar 31, 2014
Permalink  
 

seajaw--I watch many of those old shows and love 'em.
We have one channel that shows them all.

You mentioned "Combat" .... I loved that show ......what more interesting show for a young boy whom used to read
encyclopedias to learn more about WW2 and WW1......




__________________


Season Ticket Holder - Lower Deck

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date: Mar 31, 2014
Permalink  
 

seajaw wrote:
Also some '50's "B" classics, like Tarantula, The Deadly Mantis, and Monster on the Campus.  He also had a neat little flick that's one of my "guilty pleasure" faves, The Monolith Monsters.

 That reminds me, I wish someone would show re-runs of those Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes, those were hilarious. They used poke fun at many of those "B" sci-fi and horror flicks, and they'd throw in a few public service short films as well.



__________________


VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16191
Date: Mar 31, 2014
Permalink  
 

chromedome1954 wrote:

seajaw--I watch many of those old shows and love 'em.
We have one channel that shows them all.

You mentioned "Combat" .... I loved that show ......what more interesting show for a young boy whom used to read
encyclopedias to learn more about WW2 and WW1......



I have the first four seasons of Combat! on DVD (that last season -- the one that was shot in color -- never did much for me.  You could tell the show was on its last legs.

Vic was the Man! wink



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."

«First  <  1 2 3 4 57  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard