SOMers - Stratomatic Baseball

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 1973 Replay Highlights
«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by


Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 9769
Date: Aug 20, 2014
RE: 1973 Replay Highlights
Permalink  
 


Nitrous Oxide wrote:

.209 then the cycle...should have improved things!


 .209 is Epstein's RL BA., he was batting .259 going into the game and .343 after the game. 



__________________

I wanted to play more SOM so I retired.

 



Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 9769
Date: Oct 1, 2014
Permalink  
 

Sal Bando goes 6 for 8 in a 15 inning win for the A's against the O's. His 6th hit was a walk off 3 run homer with two outs that made the final score 6-3. He also scored a run on a sf in the 6th.

__________________

I wanted to play more SOM so I retired.

 



Third Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 5563
Date: Oct 2, 2014
Permalink  
 

Nice game by Bando. 6 hits with the clutch HR , very nice

__________________

Go Bucs !!!

No-hitters- Ray Culp , Freddy Garcia , Phil Ortega , Scott Kazmir , Needle Nose Wright , A.J. Griffin , Carlos Torres , Stan Bahnsen , Mario Soto

Perfect games - Jamie Moyer , J. R. Richard , Sandy Koufax



Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 9769
Date: Oct 2, 2014
Permalink  
 

stargell8 wrote:

Nice game by Bando. 6 hits with the clutch HR , very nice


 I didn't realize he had 6 hits till I did the game stats.



__________________

I wanted to play more SOM so I retired.

 

DD2


Bullpen Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 1054
Date: Nov 3, 2014
Permalink  
 

CONGRATULATIONS TO POPS!...And you too, Fan! ...Miss the Big Man..a great ambassador for our National Pastime! 



__________________

The Dawg returns!

 



Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 9769
Date: Aug 20, 2015
Permalink  
 

Bobby Bonds had a career day against the Expos . Bonds went 4 for 5 with 3 homers and a triple as he knocked in a major league high 9 runs. Bonds also scored 4 times. The Giants did win the game 14 to 3.

He joins Dave Duncan & Duke Sims as the only other players to hit 3 homers in a game.

The 9 ribbies by a player is one off the house record (10) set by Willie Horton over 40 years ago with the org. 1970 cards.

__________________

I wanted to play more SOM so I retired.

 



VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16187
Date: Aug 20, 2015
Permalink  
 

Congrats.

Quite the game for Bonds, with 15 total bases to go with the nine ribbies.

__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 3798
Date: Aug 20, 2015
Permalink  
 

Great game for Bonds!



__________________


Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 9769
Date: Oct 4, 2015
Permalink  
 

In a 15 inning loss to the Cubs, Davey Johnson had 6 hits in 8 AB's, including 3 homers and 4 ribbies.

__________________

I wanted to play more SOM so I retired.

 



Umpire

Status: Online
Posts: 9230
Date: Oct 4, 2015
Permalink  
 

stratfan70 wrote:

In a 15 inning loss to the Cubs, Davey Johnson had 6 hits in 8 AB's, including 3 homers and 4 ribbies.


 What a terrible waste of an awesome effort.



__________________


Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 9769
Date: Oct 4, 2015
Permalink  
 

Nitrous Oxide wrote:
stratfan70 wrote:

In a 15 inning loss to the Cubs, Davey Johnson had 6 hits in 8 AB's, including 3 homers and 4 ribbies.


 What a terrible waste of an awesome effort.


 Agree and two of his 6 hits came in the extra innings.



__________________

I wanted to play more SOM so I retired.

 



Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 9769
Date: Jan 6, 2016
Permalink  
 

In a 10 inning affair Tommy Harper hits for the cycle as the Red Sox beat the Tigers 6-5.

Harper was 4 for 5, scoring 3 runs with 2 stolen bases.

Harper started his cycle with a 1st inning lead off home run, singled in the 3rd, doubled in the 5th, struck out in the 7th and then led off the 10th with a triple and scored on the Aparicio squeeze for the win.

This is the 3rd cycle for my 1973 replay.

__________________

I wanted to play more SOM so I retired.

 



VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16187
Date: Jan 6, 2016
Permalink  
 

Congrats to you and Tommy, the former Seattle Pilot!



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2666
Date: Jan 6, 2016
Permalink  
 

stratfan70 wrote:

In a 10 inning affair Tommy Harper hits for the cycle as the Red Sox beat the Tigers 6-5.

Harper was 4 for 5, scoring 3 runs with 2 stolen bases.

Harper started his cycle with a 1st inning lead off home run, singled in the 3rd, doubled in the 5th, struck out in the 7th and then led off the 10th with a triple and scored on the Aparicio squeeze for the win.

This is the 3rd cycle for my 1973 replay.


 1973 was a great season for Harper (Red Sox record for stolen bases w/ 54), glad to see he got the cycle.



__________________

"The players are the same age always, but the man in the crowd is older every season."

 



Third Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 6298
Date: Jan 6, 2016
Permalink  
 

glewis wrote:
stratfan70 wrote:

In a 10 inning affair Tommy Harper hits for the cycle as the Red Sox beat the Tigers 6-5.

Harper was 4 for 5, scoring 3 runs with 2 stolen bases.

Harper started his cycle with a 1st inning lead off home run, singled in the 3rd, doubled in the 5th, struck out in the 7th and then led off the 10th with a triple and scored on the Aparicio squeeze for the win.

This is the 3rd cycle for my 1973 replay.


 1973 was a great season for Harper (Red Sox record for stolen bases w/ 54), glad to see he got the cycle.


Congrats to Harper on his cycle -- and to you for your third cycle of the year!!  Always a thrill!



__________________

Baseball ... this field, this game ... It is part of our past.  It reminds us all of what once was good -- and could be again.

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard