SOMers - Stratomatic Baseball

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Great Moments in CTB History
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by


VP of Operations

Status: Online
Posts: 16152
Date: Feb 6, 2015
RE: Great Moments in CTB History
Permalink  
 


stratfan70 wrote:
Nitrous Oxide wrote:

Congrats to Joe Tinker

If you were to ask me if Tinker would Evers hit a cycle I would have said not a Chance!


 


I have to admit I laughed my Heinie (Zimmerman) off, when I read that.



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



Umpire

Status: Offline
Posts: 9225
Date: Feb 7, 2015
Permalink  
 

seajaw wrote:
stratfan70 wrote:
Nitrous Oxide wrote:

Congrats to Joe Tinker

If you were to ask me if Tinker would Evers hit a cycle I would have said not a Chance!


 


I have to admit I laughed my Heinie (Zimmerman) off, when I read that.


 Well Done!



__________________


First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2655
Date: May 17, 2015
Permalink  
 

The Great Cy Young's Last Game

In the last game of Boston's 1911 CTB season, Cy Young showed he can still pitch.  Young pitched a 9 inning complete game, allowed only 3 runs (all unearned), on 6 hits, no walks, and struck out 3.  He retired the last 13 batters he faced.  At 44, Young would retire after the 1911 season, so this will be the last game I'll roll for the legendary pitcher.  

I was hoping he would have a good game, but he was brilliant.  

Great to see him go out a winner in my replay.



__________________

"The players are the same age always, but the man in the crowd is older every season."

 



First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2655
Date: May 24, 2015
Permalink  
 

1911 NL Season Finished

Not a great player moment, but I just rolled the final game of my 1911 NL replay.  This is my first replay season, so it's a small sense of accomplishment.  I still have lots of game summaries, statistics, player profiles, etc. to post (that has been more time consuming than I though it would be, don't get me wrong, it's still been enjoyable).  Currently researching the 1911 AL season and should be rolling games for that season soon, future posts to start when I wrap up the posts for the 1911 season.



__________________

"The players are the same age always, but the man in the crowd is older every season."

 



Third Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 6292
Date: May 24, 2015
Permalink  
 

Congrats on completing your 1911 Season!  If you ask me, it is a great moment in CTB History.



__________________

Baseball ... this field, this game ... It is part of our past.  It reminds us all of what once was good -- and could be again.



General Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 13483
Date: May 24, 2015
Permalink  
 

glewis wrote:

1911 NL Season Finished

Not a great player moment, but I just rolled the final game of my 1911 NL replay.  This is my first replay season, so it's a small sense of accomplishment.  I still have lots of game summaries, statistics, player profiles, etc. to post (that has been more time consuming than I though it would be, don't get me wrong, it's still been enjoyable).  Currently researching the 1911 AL season and should be rolling games for that season soon, future posts to start when I wrap up the posts for the 1911 season.


 CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!



__________________

"NACSTER'S HISTORICAL REPLAY"

34 REPLAYS IN THE BOOKS!

1876-1883

1896-1900

1906

1916-1917

1921, 1929

1936-1937

1943, 1946

1956-1963

1976

1986

1991, 1996

37,117 regular season games through 34 replays!

 

 



VP of Operations

Status: Online
Posts: 16152
Date: May 24, 2015
Permalink  
 

glewis wrote:

1911 NL Season Finished

Not a great player moment, but I just rolled the final game of my 1911 NL replay.  This is my first replay season, so it's a small sense of accomplishment.  I still have lots of game summaries, statistics, player profiles, etc. to post (that has been more time consuming than I though it would be, don't get me wrong, it's still been enjoyable).  Currently researching the 1911 AL season and should be rolling games for that season soon, future posts to start when I wrap up the posts for the 1911 season.


First of many, I'm sure.

Congrats! 



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2655
Date: May 25, 2015
Permalink  
 

seajaw wrote:
glewis wrote:

1911 NL Season Finished

Not a great player moment, but I just rolled the final game of my 1911 NL replay.  This is my first replay season, so it's a small sense of accomplishment.  I still have lots of game summaries, statistics, player profiles, etc. to post (that has been more time consuming than I though it would be, don't get me wrong, it's still been enjoyable).  Currently researching the 1911 AL season and should be rolling games for that season soon, future posts to start when I wrap up the posts for the 1911 season.


First of many, I'm sure.

Congrats! 


Just rolled my first American League game (Highlanders & Red Sox - the rivalry begins).  1911 AL season is underway (although I'll roll several series before I begin posting). I have the 1920 season, that will be next up (if all goes well in about a year). 



-- Edited by glewis on Monday 25th of May 2015 06:34:24 AM

__________________

"The players are the same age always, but the man in the crowd is older every season."

 



VIP Season Ticket Holder

Status: Offline
Posts: 414
Date: May 25, 2015
Permalink  
 

glewis wrote:
seajaw wrote:
glewis wrote:

1911 NL Season Finished

Not a great player moment, but I just rolled the final game of my 1911 NL replay.  This is my first replay season, so it's a small sense of accomplishment.  I still have lots of game summaries, statistics, player profiles, etc. to post (that has been more time consuming than I though it would be, don't get me wrong, it's still been enjoyable).  Currently researching the 1911 AL season and should be rolling games for that season soon, future posts to start when I wrap up the posts for the 1911 season.


First of many, I'm sure.

Congrats! 


Just rolled my first American League game (Highlanders & Red Sox - the rivalry begins).  1911 AL season is underway (although I'll roll several series before I begin posting). I have the 1920 season, that will be next up (if all goes well in about a year). 



-- Edited by glewis on Monday 25th of May 2015 06:34:24 AM


 gl,

   Really enjoyed the history/player profiles that you presented along with the replay. Will be following along with AL replay. Nice job!



__________________


First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2655
Date: May 25, 2015
Permalink  
 

Grey Eagle wrote:
glewis wrote:
seajaw wrote:
glewis wrote:

1911 NL Season Finished

Not a great player moment, but I just rolled the final game of my 1911 NL replay.  This is my first replay season, so it's a small sense of accomplishment.  I still have lots of game summaries, statistics, player profiles, etc. to post (that has been more time consuming than I though it would be, don't get me wrong, it's still been enjoyable).  Currently researching the 1911 AL season and should be rolling games for that season soon, future posts to start when I wrap up the posts for the 1911 season.


First of many, I'm sure.

Congrats! 


Just rolled my first American League game (Highlanders & Red Sox - the rivalry begins).  1911 AL season is underway (although I'll roll several series before I begin posting). I have the 1920 season, that will be next up (if all goes well in about a year). 



-- Edited by glewis on Monday 25th of May 2015 06:34:24 AM


 gl,

   Really enjoyed the history/player profiles that you presented along with the replay. Will be following along with AL replay. Nice job!


 Grey Eagle,

Still plenty of NL games, profiles, and stats to post.  I'll be spending more time on that shortly.  I'm glad you've enjoyed them.  



__________________

"The players are the same age always, but the man in the crowd is older every season."

 



Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 9762
Date: May 25, 2015
Permalink  
 

Congrats on finishing your first replay.

There always a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction when you've completed a replay project.

__________________

I wanted to play more SOM so I retired.

 



Umpire

Status: Offline
Posts: 9225
Date: May 25, 2015
Permalink  
 

glewis wrote:

1911 NL Season Finished

Not a great player moment, but I just rolled the final game of my 1911 NL replay.  This is my first replay season, so it's a small sense of accomplishment.  I still have lots of game summaries, statistics, player profiles, etc. to post (that has been more time consuming than I though it would be, don't get me wrong, it's still been enjoyable).  Currently researching the 1911 AL season and should be rolling games for that season soon, future posts to start when I wrap up the posts for the 1911 season.


 Congrats on finishing your first replay! Looking forward to the wrap up.



__________________


First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2655
Date: Jul 18, 2015
Permalink  
 

I didn't mention this earlier, but my wife and sons gave me the 1924 season for Father's Day (along with a Red Sox themed watch and wallet). So I'll at least have the cards to replay the 1924 season.

I have a lot of fun just going through the cards and sorting them.

__________________

"The players are the same age always, but the man in the crowd is older every season."

 



Third Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 6292
Date: Jul 18, 2015
Permalink  
 

glewis wrote:

I didn't mention this earlier, but my wife and sons gave me the 1924 season for Father's Day (along with a Red Sox themed watch and wallet). So I'll at least have the cards to replay the 1924 season.

I have a lot of fun just going through the cards and sorting them.


 Nice!



__________________

Baseball ... this field, this game ... It is part of our past.  It reminds us all of what once was good -- and could be again.



First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2655
Date: Sep 16, 2015
Permalink  
 

Otto Knabe records the first 5 hit day in CTB history. Knabe went 5 for 5, all singles in a 6-5 loss to the New York Giants. Knabe raised his batting average from .198 to .242.

__________________

"The players are the same age always, but the man in the crowd is older every season."

 

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard