SOMers - Stratomatic Baseball

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Heinie Zimmerman wins the 1912 Triple Crown...103 years later
Page 1 of 1  sorted by


VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16185
Date: Apr 23, 2015
Heinie Zimmerman wins the 1912 Triple Crown...103 years later
Permalink  
 


A new tally has credited Heinie Zimmerman with the 1912 National League RBI title, completing a Triple Crown:

http://sabr.org/latest/krabbenhoft-solving-mystery-heinie-zimmermans-1912-national-league-triple-crown

Fascinating, how the records continue to evolve.  It's amazing how the tabulations can come up so different.



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 9769
Date: Apr 23, 2015
Permalink  
 

Very cool that they can go back and do the kind research that it takes to make things right. Thanks for sharing the link seajaw.

__________________

I wanted to play more SOM so I retired.

 



Third Base Coach

Status: Online
Posts: 6297
Date: Apr 23, 2015
Permalink  
 

Maybe 100 years from now they will go back and make things right with Armondo Galarraga's no hitter.



__________________

Baseball ... this field, this game ... It is part of our past.  It reminds us all of what once was good -- and could be again.



VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16185
Date: Apr 23, 2015
Permalink  
 

Tall Tactician wrote:

Maybe 100 years from now they will go back and make things right with Armondo Galarraga's no hitter.


You know they can't do that. wink

Even the best umps mess up now and then.



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."



Third Base Coach

Status: Online
Posts: 6297
Date: Apr 23, 2015
Permalink  
 

seajaw wrote:
Tall Tactician wrote:

Maybe 100 years from now they will go back and make things right with Armondo Galarraga's no hitter.


You know they can't do that. wink

Even the best umps mess up now and then.


 They did it with poor Fred Merkle and with George Brett.  There was no hit in the game, just an umpire's error.  There is no reason they cannot change it.



__________________

Baseball ... this field, this game ... It is part of our past.  It reminds us all of what once was good -- and could be again.



VP of Operations

Status: Offline
Posts: 16185
Date: Apr 23, 2015
Permalink  
 

Tall Tactician wrote:
seajaw wrote:
Tall Tactician wrote:

Maybe 100 years from now they will go back and make things right with Armondo Galarraga's no hitter.


You know they can't do that. wink

Even the best umps mess up now and then.


 They did it with poor Fred Merkle and with George Brett.  There was no hit in the game, just an umpire's error.  There is no reason they cannot change it.


???

Are you suggesting the official scorer could go back and change the ruling to an error?



__________________

"No cell, no car, no credit cards, he's sixty-plus and gray...
Just sitting in his basement, with a Strat game underway."

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard