SOMers - Stratomatic Baseball

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Help Question
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by


First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2618
Date: February 14th
Help Question
Permalink  
 


I just downloaded my 2017 into my existing STRAT file butt it did not over save the existing file - but created a subfile that opens the 2017 game with only the 2016rosters - none of my other games - any suggestions as to what I may have done wrong ?



__________________

Never Let The Fear of Striking Out Get In Your Way



Umpire

Status: Offline
Posts: 9235
Date: February 14th
Permalink  
 

If I understand this you now have 2 versions of the game installed correct? Can you still open your previous version? If so each season will only run on one or the other because you have 1 authorization.

If you want to keep 2 versions I suggest deauthorizing the older version. That way you'll have it in the future if you ever wanted it. I then recommend deauthorizing 2017 (important you do this first) then uninstall it. Reinstall it over top the old game. Then you'll be able to authorize it and everything will be on the 2017 version.

__________________


First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2618
Date: February 14th
Permalink  
 

Nitrous Oxide wrote:

If I understand this you now have 2 versions of the game installed correct? Can you still open your previous version? If so each season will only run on one or the other because you have 1 authorization.

If you want to keep 2 versions I suggest deauthorizing the older version. That way you'll have it in the future if you ever wanted it. I then recommend deauthorizing 2017 (important you do this first) then uninstall it. Reinstall it over top the old game. Then you'll be able to authorize it and everything will be on the 2017 version.


 Thanks Nitrous ,

So

first deauthorize 2017 , then uninstall

second deauthorize the 2013 version

then re-install the  2017 version

Many thanks

 



__________________

Never Let The Fear of Striking Out Get In Your Way



Umpire

Status: Offline
Posts: 9235
Date: February 14th
Permalink  
 

I would reinstall it over top 2013. You only need one version of the game, but this way if in the future you could use 2013

__________________


First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2618
Date: February 15th
Permalink  
 

Nitrous Oxide wrote:

I would reinstall it over top 2013. You only need one version of the game, but this way if in the future you could use 2013


 It did not work - I still have the 2013 game with all my teams and as a sub folder inside the game is the 2017 game very  bizarre - I have sent a email to strat but thank you very much for taking time to try to help me _ I appreciate it very much



__________________

Never Let The Fear of Striking Out Get In Your Way



General Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 13519
Date: February 15th
Permalink  
 

That's odd because when I updated in 2013, I installed it right over my old copy...........no problems.........

__________________

"NACSTER'S HISTORICAL REPLAY"

34 REPLAYS IN THE BOOKS!

1876-1883

1896-1900

1906

1916-1917

1921, 1929

1936-1937

1943, 1946

1956-1963

1976

1986

1991, 1996

37,117 regular season games through 34 replays!

 

 



First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2618
Date: February 15th
Permalink  
 

nacster wrote:

That's odd because when I updated in 2013, I installed it right over my old copy...........no problems.........


 I agree bizarre -  I have tried it three time where I removed the authorization , and reloaded the download and each time when I open the game it opens to the 2013 game -  When I look inside the Strat file there is a new file Strat-O Matic Baseball - when I open that folder it is the 2017 game with the 2016 Season -



__________________

Never Let The Fear of Striking Out Get In Your Way



General Manager

Status: Offline
Posts: 13519
Date: February 15th
Permalink  
 

Eaglesfly wrote:
nacster wrote:

That's odd because when I updated in 2013, I installed it right over my old copy...........no problems.........


 I agree bizarre -  I have tried it three time where I removed the authorization , and reloaded the download and each time when I open the game it opens to the 2013 game -  When I look inside the Strat file there is a new file Strat-O Matic Baseball - when I open that folder it is the 2017 game with the 2016 Season -


 I wonder if it is a bug that a patch will be needed for...........that is common in every release..........



__________________

"NACSTER'S HISTORICAL REPLAY"

34 REPLAYS IN THE BOOKS!

1876-1883

1896-1900

1906

1916-1917

1921, 1929

1936-1937

1943, 1946

1956-1963

1976

1986

1991, 1996

37,117 regular season games through 34 replays!

 

 



Umpire

Status: Offline
Posts: 9235
Date: February 15th
Permalink  
 

I had no issues with the install. I'm sorry Eaglesfly is having problems.

__________________


Umpire

Status: Offline
Posts: 9235
Date: February 15th
Permalink  
 

Eaglesfly wrote:
Nitrous Oxide wrote:

I would reinstall it over top 2013. You only need one version of the game, but this way if in the future you could use 2013


 It did not work - I still have the 2013 game with all my teams and as a sub folder inside the game is the 2017 game very  bizarre - I have sent a email to strat but thank you very much for taking time to try to help me _ I appreciate it very much


 2017 should not be in a sub folder.



__________________


Third Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 6298
Date: February 15th
Permalink  
 

Do you also have to de-activate all the seasons as well before uninstalling the 2013 version and the reactive them after installing 2017?



__________________

Baseball ... this field, this game ... It is part of our past.  It reminds us all of what once was good -- and could be again.



Umpire

Status: Offline
Posts: 9235
Date: February 15th
Permalink  
 

Tall Tactician wrote:

Do you also have to de-activate all the seasons as well before uninstalling the 2013 version and the reactive them after installing 2017?


 No



__________________


First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2618
Date: February 15th
Permalink  
 

Nitrous Oxide wrote:
Tall Tactician wrote:

Do you also have to de-activate all the seasons as well before uninstalling the 2013 version and the reactive them after installing 2017?


 No


 I am doing something wrong I guess - very strange -  I de-activated my seasons to try it that way as well - so I have lost the 1980 replay stuff so will have to start that over , So I guess I will finish my 1951 replay then uninstall everything and load the 2017 game fresh with no other game on the computer



__________________

Never Let The Fear of Striking Out Get In Your Way



Third Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 6298
Date: February 18th
Permalink  
 

Eaglesfly wrote:
Nitrous Oxide wrote:
Tall Tactician wrote:

Do you also have to de-activate all the seasons as well before uninstalling the 2013 version and the reactive them after installing 2017?


 No


 I am doing something wrong I guess - very strange -  I de-activated my seasons to try it that way as well - so I have lost the 1980 replay stuff so will have to start that over , So I guess I will finish my 1951 replay then uninstall everything and load the 2017 game fresh with no other game on the computer


I plan on purchasing the newest game so I am interested in the lessons learned. I am sorry that my question led to such a bad result for you. I did not mean it as advice and I have never upgraded my computer game. I thought I had remembered seeing as an instruction when I had acquired the computer game initially. If you had the season backed up, you may be able to restore the league.

 



-- Edited by Tall Tactician on Saturday 18th of February 2017 12:35:00 PM

__________________

Baseball ... this field, this game ... It is part of our past.  It reminds us all of what once was good -- and could be again.



First Base Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 2618
Date: February 18th
Permalink  
 

Tall Tactician wrote:
Eaglesfly wrote:
Nitrous Oxide wrote:
Tall Tactician wrote:

Do you also have to de-activate all the seasons as well before uninstalling the 2013 version and the reactive them after installing 2017?


 No


 I am doing something wrong I guess - very strange -  I de-activated my seasons to try it that way as well - so I have lost the 1980 replay stuff so will have to start that over , So I guess I will finish my 1951 replay then uninstall everything and load the 2017 game fresh with no other game on the computer


I plan on purchasing the newest game so I am interested in the lessons learned. I am sorry that my question led to such a bad result for you. I did not mean it as advice and I have never upgraded my computer game. I thought I had remembered seeing as an instruction when I had acquired the computer game initially. If you had the season backed up, you may be able to restore the league.

 



-- Edited by Tall Tactician on Saturday 18th of February 2017 12:35:00 PM


 Hi Tall , - not at al your comments were helpful -  the problem I think dates back a bit --  and is a little complicated

I first purchased the 2013 Game when it came out and installed it on my new desktop computer ( back in 2013 ).  I had my 1950 - 1959 Season on this game - 

Then I purchased the 2015 Game and I understood the instructions from Strat to save the game separately so then I had two games on the Computer and they worked fine  ( I did not understand at the time I could de-activate a roster and add it to another game as long as it is only on one game at a time) .  I think I misunderstood the Strat instructions and I should have saved the 2015 game over the 2013 game . 

Then I purchased the 2016 game and saved it over my 2015 game with no problem whatsoever - ( the rosters were completely unaffected).

Then I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the 2013 game initially disappeared - I had to search through files to find it and can only activate / open it my going inside the 2013 game file ( as opposed to having s shortcut on my screen - like the 2016 version does.)

So then I purchased the 2017 game and thought I would over-save it on the 2016 game ( as Strat indicated that could be done ).  When I tried it to do that it was saved as a sub file / folder within the 2016 game - so if I clicked on the folder the 2017 game opened -  but that is not what should happen - I should not have a game within a game.  So I uninstalled the game and loaded it to my 2013 game - same result.

So I removed the authorization and uninstalled the 2017 game again - 

Then I removed the authorization from all of my seasons , ( that is why I lost 1946/ 1980 games played ) removed the authorization for the parks and then the game and uninstalled everything.  I kept my 1951 season on my 2013 game .  ( Now I had some trouble de activating some of the seasons and I don't know why - so I will have to see had they load back on later today

I installed the 2017 Game and it took perfectly and put the 1946 season on and it also works ( same with the ball parks ).  So as noted will loans the rest of the seasons on -  I have 1919 thru 1925 /  1936 /  1946 thru 1949 / 1960 thru 1969 / 1970 through 1979 / 1980 thru 1986 / 1991 thru 1993 and 2012, 2013. 2015 and 2016

Once I finish the 1951 Season - I will deactivate the season nd 2013 game and uninstall it so I will be left with only one game

I do not know how to back up the season so I can load it back into the game after it is reinstalled -  my loss - I will have to try to figure it out

So on the end I think it was the combination of multiple games and changing the windows programs that made 2017 difficult

So I would suggest having only one game installed at a time -  I just hope I don't have a problem with my seasons



__________________

Never Let The Fear of Striking Out Get In Your Way

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard